Re-Mineralise Your Garden with REMIN volcanic rock dust
Some Postcode may incur extra delivery charge, please contact us or we will contact you after an order has been made if any issues.
Rockdust is a remarkable volcanic rock which contains two thirds of all non-synthetic minerals known to man, and is a natural method of adding essential trace elements to your soil.
- Benefits include high yields, tastier fruit and vegetables and increased resistance to pests and drought.
- This bulk or tonne bag is perfect for use on vegetable gardens, pots and planters, lawns and in the greenhouse. Typical coverage for cultivation is approximately 500sq m.
- Rockdust can be applied to fields, whether grass land or cultivated, using a lime spreader. Spinners can also be used but care has to be taken to prevent the SEER Rockdust sticking to the sides of the spinner. The minimim dose of 0.5kg per square meter is equivalent to 2 tonnes to the acre. The optimum dose is equivalent to 8 tonnes to the acre and the maximum does is 20 tonnes to the acre. The maximum dose will be too much for grassland.
Rockdust is all about the re-mineralisation of soil and that quite simply means putting the minerals, once left on the ground millions of years ago, back into your soil. Watch the video about rock dust on our you tube page
Rockdust equivalents have only been mined in a few places around the world - Latvia, Washington state USA, Austria and here in Scotland. Rockdust contains a vast amount of trace elements and minerals and this can help your garden (just as the last ice age left left behind mineral rich soil) in numerous ways.
- Rock dust has been extensively tested and is 100% organic.
- REMIN is also accredited to Soil Association and Biodynamic Agricultural Association certification standards
- Rockdust is certified by the Scottish Organic Producers Association and the Organic Farmers and Growers.
It's shown that:
- Vegetables grown with rock dust contain masses more nutrients and minerals than those grown without
- The flavour of vegetables is significantly better and they have a longer shelf life
- It will replenish poor soil and make it productive
- Improves drought resistance
- Increases pest resistance (you get a stronger plant)
- There are absolutely no nasty chemicals
- Rockdust locks in carbon dioxide from the atmosphere helping the environment
Rockdust is also great for lawns - you'll get a lusher greener lawn with stronger colour and greater drought resistance if you use Rockdust as a top dressing, and can be used in every type of gardening environment; from hanging baskets, to borders, composting and lawns.
- Rockdust can be used at any time of the year
- Simply sprinkle Rockdust evenly over an appropriate area to be planted as you would bone-meal
- For lawns and in flower and vegetable gardens spread evenly and rake in.
- 0.5kg of Rockdust should cover one square metre, 20kg - 40 square meters.
- Can be added with other soil conditioners, multi-purpose compost or plant foods
- As a composting agent to speed up the composting process for healthier compost, add 3-5mm over the surface of each layer of green waste
- Product CodeBIN-RDtonne