Abercorn - COVID-19 Information
We have been working hard behind the scenes and are now pleased to be aiming to reopen our doors to customers on Friday 15th May at 10am. Our opening hours will be reduced for the foreseeable future to 10am – 3pm daily. This is in order to keep our staff safe and to enable us to restock the centre daily.
We have made a number of changes. Please read about them before you come to the centre.
- Please note that you will have to queue to get into the centre and again to get into the shop area. We will be strictly controlling numbers. The queue will be outdoors, so please dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
- We will have stringent social distancing and cleanliness measures in place. Please adhere to them to protect yourselves and our staff.
- Every customer must take a trolley. You will be given a wipe to clean your own trolley prior to using it.
- We are opening for those who know what they want to buy! We are not open for prolonged browsing, a day out, a chance for you to exercise or to meet friends. Please come with a list!
- Please do not enter the centre if you or someone in your household has Covid-19 symptoms.
- No under 16yrs please, and only two people per household.
- Please follow the one way system where indicated in the shop.
- Please avoid touching products or plants which you won’t be purchasing.
- We will only accept payment by card (debit or credit).
- We will accept HTA vouchers and will honour our latest club card vouchers.
- The café, play area and toilets are all closed to the public.
Our local delivery service is currently still operational. Orders will still be able to be taken over the phone, between 10am -3pm weekdays. We will endeavour to get goods out to you in a timely fashion.
Normal social distancing rules apply to our drivers, so they will continue to deliver goods on a ‘no contact’ basis.
A note on Face coverings -
The systems we have implemented allow customers to maintain 2m distance, where possible. Our staff will have PPE equipment to safeguard them when serving and will be wearing them throughout the day. We will not be asking you to wear face-coverings when you shop at Abercorn, although you are welcome to if you wish. As per Government guidance personal face coverings are recommended when away from the home.
We look forward to welcoming you all back and will do all we can to offer our usual friendly Abercorn service.