Abercorn's 5 year Plant Guarantee
5 Year Plant Guarantee
Guaranteed to Grow
YES! Abercorn Plant and Garden Centre are so sure of the quality of their plants that we offer a 5 year plant guarentee for hardy plants*.
By Following our 5 step planting guide you will give your plants the best possible start, couple this with our garantee will ensure your plants will make your garden a lovely place to be.
5 Step Planting Guide
1. Choose the right plant for the right site (check the plant label or ask our friendly staf for help). When you get the plant home water it well whist still in the pot.
2. Mark the choosen position and dig a hole deep enough to take the rootball comfortably. Put a mixture of an appropriate planting compost, soil and bone meal in the bottom of the hole.
3. Carefully ease the plant out of it container, and gently loosen some of the roots from the base. Put the plant in the hole and fill the space arround it with the compost/soil mixture, making sure the plant sits firmly in it planting hole. if a stake is need i.e for trees, it can be placed in the hole with the plant at this stage, to avoid damaging the roots by pushing it into the place after planting. Tree should be staked and tied firmly right from the start, and checked on at regular intervals to make sure they have'nt become loose.
4. The compost round the newplant should be level with the surrounding ground, but leave a slight depression around the stem to act as a reservoir when you water. Cover the new planting with mulch, such as chipped bark, and water well.
5. Make sure your plant doesnt dry out in its first year, not only in dry sunny periods, but in dry windy weather as well and even check it regularly during a rainy spell. Athink layer of mulch will help retain the moisture as your plant is growing and even when it is fully grown. Whilst a regular watering is important too much water can be equally harmful. So check that your plant dont get waterloggedin periods of heavy persistent rain.
Terms and Conditions
We are proud and pleased to offer the 5 year guarantee on all the trees, shrubs, conifers and climbers (and other similar woody plants) sold by us.
Should any plant brought from our centre fail to grow within the first 12 month after purchase, please return the plant, along with your receipt and variety label and we will replace it wiit has been planted, watered and generally cared for as indicated above.
We can not, however be held responsible for failure of plants in abnormal weather conditions or damage sustained during building works or other incidents. *By hardy plants we mean those outdoor plants, such as shurbs, trees, climbers and conifers.